The Olympus Pool, Skating Rink, and Youth League Program provide a wide range of year-round municipal recreational opportunities for the Proctor community.
Olympus Pool: The Olympus Pool closed August 18, 2012. Please contact the pool at 459-2819 with any questions about its programs
1. All guests must sign-in.
2. All guests under the age of 16 must take the required swim test to be allowed
to use all areas of the pool.
3. Children under 10 must be accompanied by someone 14 years or older.
4. Parents/Guardians must supervise their children.
5. Life jackets are mandatory when using boats or kayaks.
6. NO eating or drinking is permitted in the pool. NO glass containers.
7. NO weapons are allowed on the premises.
8. Inappropriate behavior/language is not permitted.
9. Smoking is not allowed on the premises.
10. Persons who appear to be under the influence of alcohol or other
substances are not permitted on the premises. Alcohol is prohibited.
11. One person at a time on the diving board.
12. NO running/horseplay on the docks.
13. NO dogs (except Service Animals/Seeing Eye Dogs) or pets of
any kind are permitted on the premises.
14. Failure to comply with these rules may result in termination of the violator's
15. Person or organizations denied use of the Proctor Pool may appeal to:
Proctor Parks and Recreation Committee
45 Main Street
Appeals must be in writing.
Gretchen Crowley - 6 years
Kevin Duggan - 5 years
Hours of operation:
Weekdays 4:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Saturdays 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sundays 12:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Each year the managers organize various activities, including skating lessons. There is also a refreshment stand and free loaner skates to enhance your experience at the rink. The Proctor Elementary and Junior/Senior High schools have Winter Carnival at the rink each year.
Please contact the rink at 459-2819 or go to our Facebook Page at Proctor Skating Rink for updates regfarding hours, special notices and events.
Youth League: The volunteer run youth baseball program operates during the summer at the fields located on Elm Street. Programs offered include T-Ball for ages 5-6; Mighty Mites for ages 7-8; Minors for ages 9-10; Majors for ages 11-12; Minors Softball for ages 9-11; and Majors Softball for ages12-14. Registration usually begins in mid-March each year, with the playing seasons starting in May for 6 to 10 weeks. The Proctor Youth League hosts a Majors Baseball All-star Tournament each year starting the second weekend in July. This tournament is open to any team that wishes to compete (players must provide a proof of age). It’s a great way to end the season!
Please contact Bob Protivansky at 459-2154 with any questions about the Youth League programs.